Retail Technology Review | Internet Retailing RSS Feed Provides real-time news and information updated throughout the business day, covering supply chain, manufacturing and logistics technologies for corporate managers and hi-tech professionals.
- Taming cloud complexity to drive excellent retail experiencesby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way people shop, making mobile and online experiences more important than ever. In response, many retailers have accelerated their digital transformation, and the pace is set to increase even further as customers’ expectations for sophisticated shopping experiences continue to rise.
- Department store chain Belk thrives during the pandemic aided by ship-from-store capabilities supported by Logistyx Technologiesby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
US department store Belk thrived as e-commerce orders surged during the pandemic by having ship-from-store order fulfilment facilities already in place across its 291 store locations with the help of parcel shipping software from Logistyx Technologies.
- How technology can adapt to shifting consumer needs with centralised databy Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The way consumers behave has shifted almost beyond recognition – and there are indications that the change could be permanent. Companies which were already operating on a technology-first basis have been able to adapt and thrive over the last year, while others are still playing catch-up and some have unfortunately not survived the transition – as evidenced by Debenhams and the Arcadia Group.
- Congratulations, you’ve just hired new brand ambassadors. They’re your delivery driversby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
It’s not just video calls that boomed over the pandemic. Online sales have exploded with physical shopping being restricted and social contact curtailed.
- 'Ever Given' refloated but global e-commerce will flounder amid delays, says ParcelHeroby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The international delivery expert ParcelHero says the refloating of the ‘Ever Given’ is welcome news, but the blockage of the vital Suez Canal will cost £4.35 billion and delay many Amazon and other e-commerce orders for weeks.
- Automation: Learning the secrets of uptimeby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
By Will Carder, Automation Sales Engineer at Quadient.Automation offers a route forward for hard-pressed e-fulfilment operations – particularly, when it comes to packaging processes. But how do you build in operational resilience? What are the secrets to maximising uptime?
- JCB sees online sales in Europe increase by more than 300% from 2016 to 2019, as online spending among cardmembers boomby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
JCB International Co., Ltd., the international operations subsidiary of JCB Co., Ltd., has seen impressive growth in virtual spending with European retailers from its Asian cardmember base, with online sales growing by more than 300% across the continent between 2016 and 2019.
- How retailers can adapt to the new wave of hybrid consumersby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
On the 12th of April, retailers in England and Wales will breathe a collective sigh of relief as all non-essential shops hope to open up once again. After a turbulent year, the government’s plan to ease lockdown restrictions promises much-needed stability for retailers. However, the pandemic has led to marked changes in consumer behaviour, which retailers will need to adapt to.
- Designing Your eCommerce Site: 4 Common Mistakes to Avoidby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
By Jeff Broth, freelance writerExciting times! You’re getting your eCommerce site up and running and the possibilities seem nearly endless. You might not know exactly how your site is going to perform, but you probably know by now that it's always going to be evolving.
- Online retailer eSpares launches customer video consultations to tap up bricks-and-mortar specialistsby Retail Technology Review on May 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
eSpares, the UK online parts store for home appliances, has entered into a new partnership with technology provider ConferWith. The partnership will provide customers with real time advice from experts over live video as they browse online.