Retail Technology Review | Internet Retailing RSS Feed Provides real-time news and information updated throughout the business day, covering supply chain, manufacturing and logistics technologies for corporate managers and hi-tech professionals.
- Businesses moving online in face of COVID-19 risk heavy fines if they sell age-restricted goods to children.by Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
AgeChecked, the leading global provider of secure and anonymised online age verification technology, is reminding businesses taking their operations online of the need to comply with laws on selling age-restricted goods.
- Chinese consumer spending online still declining despite lifts on Covid-19 restrictions, data showsby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Consumer spending within the online retail industry in China declined for the eleventh day in a row on Monday despite claims from the Chinese government that life is getting back to normal in the country after its Covid-19 lockdown.
- Forget about competing with Amazon – retailers need to concentrate on what the online disruptor can’t doby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
By Matt Bradley, Chairman, RetailEXPO Advisory Board.How long can bricks-and-mortar retailers remain profitable by simply selling more stuff? Modern retail has, for decades, centred on a transactional relationship between store and customer, with retailer growth inextricably linked to selling more SKUs. “Pile-them-high, sell-them-cheap” retailers such as the failed Toys “R” Us was a prime example.
- eCommerce losses to online payment fraud to exceed $25 billion annually by 2024by Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
A new study from Juniper Research found that eCommerce merchant losses to online payment fraud will exceed US$25 billion in 2024, from just of $17 billion in 2020, despite the ongoing implementation of SCA (Secure Customer Authentication) in Europe.
- Forter Report: Coronavirus impact on e-commerce and fraud (week of March 22)by Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
The spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has completely changed the manner by which people in every country are able to live their lives. As individuals around the world begin to shelter, what does this mean for global commerce trends and how is fraud changing during this period?
- Business as usual for retailers: utilising digital to tackle the impact of coronavirusby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
By Andy Burton, CEO, Tryzens.With the Prime Minister recently announcing that the UK will remain on lockdown over the coming weeks, with all but essential shops closing until further notice, it goes without saying that the pressure has ramped up on retailers.
- First week of home isolation sees mixed online sales resultsby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
As the Government’s ‘home isolation’ rules kicked in last week, the immediate impact of the Covid-19 Coronavirus on online consumer shopping habits was laid bare. During the first week of the new pandemic guidelines, online retail sales growth was down -2.2% Year-on-Year (YoY), according to the latest IMRG Capgemini Online Retail Index, which tracks the online sales performance of over 200 retailers.
- Retail Resilience - Advice for online retailers on maximising productivity during Covid-19by Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
By Richard Bendelow, CEO of Aero Commerce.Unless, like certain FMCG retailers who are experiencing a surge in online sales, chances are, due to the uncertain times we find ourselves in, that your sales have suffered a dip. Couple that with the potential of a complete lockdown, times could not be more difficult for some retailers, even with the government support on offer. However now is not the time to rest on your laurels.
- Online sales flat leading into Coronavirus crisis hitting UKby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Following a very slow start to the year, the UK’s string of winter storms failed to stimulate online demand as online sales growth for the month limped in at -0.4% Year-on-Year (YoY).
- Huge increase in online sales across Italy offers hope for struggling retailers in the UK and Ireland, says Kooomoby Retail Technology Review on April 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Global financial markets continue to suffer from the impact of coronavirus, with economists predicting the slowest rate of global growth since 2009. However, the current lockdown taking place in Italy has actually instigated a significant boom in eCommerce sales.