Retail Technology Review | Internet Retailing RSS Feed Provides real-time news and information updated throughout the business day, covering supply chain, manufacturing and logistics technologies for corporate managers and hi-tech professionals.
- Manhattan Associates and IHL Group survey reveals the key to maximising omnichannel profitsby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
A recent survey byManhattan Associates Inc. and IHL Group has uncovered a strong correlation between omnichannel fulfilment maturity and margins.
- Contextual commerce, loyalty, sustainability and payment preference will dominate eCommerce agendas in 2020, says Tryzensby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
2019 saw the retail sector continue to battle to keep ahead in an environment of rapid market, technological and consumer behaviour changes. Couple that with disrupted spending habits, both in terms of level of spend and the channels consumers prefer to buy through, as well as rising costs, the UK uncertainty surrounding Brexit, and increased international competition, it all added up to another challenging year for retailers.
- From Brexit to omni-channel fulfilment – a year-in-review for online retailby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
By Joe Farrell, VP of international operations at PFS. Amidst ongoing political turbulence and the continued transformation of the modern high street, 2019 was a challenging year for retail to say the least. Brexit uncertainty, combined with the growing customer demand for sustainability and superior levels of customer service, has put substantial pressure on embattled retailers.
- Elastic Path acquires Moltinby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
Elastic Path, the provider of headless commerce solutions, acquired commerce technology company Moltin to create what is claimed to be the industry’s only commerce platform that enables every business leader to quickly and easily leverage microservices to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
- Online spending partly rescues dismal Decemberby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
ONS retail sales figures for December saw overall sales fall 0.6% against November. But a strong showing from department store web sales saved Christmas for many retailers says ParcelHero.
- What’s in store for 2020 and beyond? 6 trends shaping warehouses of the futureby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
In 2010, many warehouses would still have been regarded as a neglected cost centre. Now, moving into 2020, the warehouse is a carefully managed control centre and very often the strategic hub of e-commerce within an ever-extending supply chain.
- Red Box Vape continues expansion with acquisition of Vapour Loungeby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
Red Box Vape Ltd has finalised a deal to acquire Vapour Lounge with 5 retail store outlets across Scotland as part of its continuing acquisition programme. This transaction will add a further £0.75m to turnover. The company is one of the fastest-growing UK brands in the sector.
- The secret to engaging young adults (18-24s) online? Personalisationby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
18-24-year-olds (44%) are more likely to be influenced to buy a product or service online if they’re given a personalised offer, compared to those aged over 55 (24%), research has revealed. However, while it’s been established that the younger generation is influenced by a more bespoke approach, a shocking 57% of all those surveyed agree that the offers they receive online are ‘mostly irrelevant’.
- Discover remains the most widely accepted card scheme worldwideby Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
The influence of China on global card acceptance is shown by the fact that Discover is accepted at more outlets than Visa and Mastercard as a result of agreements with UnionPay and other schemes
- International digital growth executive joins Panintelligence as chair.by Retail Technology Review on January 21, 2020 at 11:43 am
Data visualisation, reporting and analytics software developer Panintelligence has appointed Howard Bell, a seasoned commercial and technology growth specialist, as chair.