Retail Technology Review | Internet Retailing RSS Feed Provides real-time news and information updated throughout the business day, covering supply chain, manufacturing and logistics technologies for corporate managers and hi-tech professionals.
- Migrating your eCommerce platform: what you need to knowby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
With only 110 days left before the end of support for Magento 1, it is important for online retailers to get moving on their eCommerce platform migration or risk a gap in sales.
- Lowest growth outlook for retail in four yearsby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
Retail sector posts weakest small business outlook for 2020. Less than a third of small businesses in the retail sector are predicting growth for the early months of 2020. This is the worst growth outlook for the retail sector since the start of 2016.
- Septentrio launches an online shop offering high-accuracy GNSS receiver modulesby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
Septentrio’s new web shop offers direct access to mosaicTM multi-frequency GNSS receiver module. Customers can purchase the mosaicTM development kit quickly and easily to evaluate this unique module.
- VisionDirect eyes up more savings from D2C modelby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
A leading European online contact lenses supplier is offering savings of up to 45% on major high street opticians, due in big part to the company’s ‘direct to consumer’ (D2C) model.Superior service relies on a lean infrastructure that enables speedy turnarounds, fast delivery and providing a consistent great customer experience –and integral to VisionDirect success is the SnapFulfil cloud-based warehouse management system (WMS).
- UK prestige beauty industry generates £2.6 billion in sales for 2019, driven by skincare, reports The NPD Groupby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
The sale of prestige women’s face skincare products in the UK reported an increase of 2% in the 12 months to the end of 2019 according to The NPD Group. The total value of the prestige beauty market in the UK was valued at £2.6 billion in 2019, a decline of 3% when compared to the same period in 2018.
- Off with their heads: The death of monolithic e-commerce and the rise of a headless, microservice approachby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
For over a decade, online retailers have been competing in the Amazon world and, as the saying goes, it’s a jungle out there.
- Infosys to acquire Simplus, a Salesforce Consulting and Platinum Partnerby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
Infosys, a provider of next-generation digital services and consulting, has announced a definitive agreement to acquire Simplus, one of the fastest growing Salesforce Platinum Partners in the USA and Australia. Simplus is an advisor in cloud consulting, implementation, data integration, change management and training services for Salesforce Quote-to-Cash applications.
- EBI.AI to build the world’s most advanced grocery AI for Coop Swedenby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
EBI.AI, one of the most advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) labs in the UK, has been chosen by Coop Sweden, one of the largest grocery retailers in the country, to build the world’s most advanced grocery retail AI assistant, available to Coop customers in Sweden via apps, web or Google assistant.
- AI and voice search among the top eCommerce trends for 2020, says Kooomoby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
As we move into a new decade, technology is continuing to make big changes in the way eCommerce businesses engage with their customers. To keep up with the changing demands of consumers, Ciaran Bollard, CEO at Kooomo, the Enterprise Cloud Commerce Platform, has put together a list of the ten key eCommerce trends that online retailers should be aware of:
- PCI Pal launches PCI Pal Digital for omnichannel payment securityby Retail Technology Review on February 19, 2020 at 10:43 am
The new solution delivers PCI compliance for payments across digital channels including webchat, social media, email and SMS